Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Plumb Line, Where Is It Today?

"Thus he showed me: and, behold, YHVH stood upon a wall made by a plumbline, with a plumbline in his hand. And YHVH said unto me, Amos, what do you see? And I said, A plumbline. Then said YHVH, Behold, I will set a plumbline in the midst of my people Israel: I will not again pass by them any more" Amos 7:7-8

Plumbline is a term used to set a straight line. The Torah is our plumbline. Its not new and its not just words. We need to draw near to it. If you really believe it is Yahweh's word then it is all good.

"But it is good for me to draw near to Elohim: I have put my trust in YHVH Elohim, that I may declare all your works." Psalms 73:29


How can we know what is good and right if we aren't close to our Father In Heaven.

"My flesh and my heart fails: But Elohim is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. For, lo, they that are far from you shall perish: you have destroyed all them that go a whoring from you." Psalms 73:27-28

"And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek YHVH." 2 Chronicles 12:14

"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:6 Give glory to Yahweh our father about everything in you life; good and bad! And Don't forget what verse 7 of Proverbs 3 says. "Be not wise in your own eyes: fear YHVH, and depart from evil."

Simple ways to keep yourself safe. "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be you therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." Matthew 10:16

If you go into a bar and are surprised you got drunk, how ridiculous is that. I'm not saying bars are evil nor am I say either is alcohol, but the environment for trouble can be there in a bar. No one slips into sin or evil, we work at it.

"I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?" Job 31:1 "Doth not he see my ways, and count all my steps?" Job 31:4 Yahweh loves us and see all we do. If you ever lose you way get back to the plumbline.

"Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to YHVH, to serve him, and to love the name of YHVH, to be his servants, every one that keeps the Sabbath from polluting it, and takes hold of my covenant;" Isaiah 56:6 Those are the three elements of the Faith, the name, the Sabbath, and his covenant; hence the plumbline.

Yah's blessing on you,
James E. Auel

No comments:

Post a Comment